The best small bust wedding dresses 2015
28 Wednesday Jan 2015
Choosing your wedding dress can be a little bit overwhelming, especially knowing which styles will suit your frame. So, we’ve put together a rundown of the best bridal trends for 2015, which turns out will be absolutely perfect for those of us with a small bust. We’ve picked some of the highlights.
Off the shoulder:
If you’re looking to enhance what you have then showing some skin in the chest area is a great way to do this. The off the shoulder neckline bares the upper portion of your breast, similarly to a demi-cup bra. The sleeve also maintains a little width in the chest area (unlike a strapless dress). We especially love the romantic softer ones with gathered tulle which provide some extra volume.
The Deep V:
The plunging v-neck made a huge statement on the runways this season. It’s a super-sexy look and not for everyone but, it can only really be pulled off by those of us with small breasts.
Slightly off the wall you may think but, as you’ll know, a high neckline is generally pretty flattering to a small chest and for 2015 there is a whole range, from full on turtle necks to a high, embellished, collars.
One of the most creative and versatile trends for 2015 is the convertible skirt! Our favourites are in layers of tulle and cinched in at the waist – perfect for emphasising the smaller bust.
Another curve enhancing trick, though perhaps less conventional, are cleverly placed cutouts. Done in the right way they make for some pretty breathtaking and flattering gowns, I’m sure you’ll agree.
If none of these new trends are for you the great thing is there are endless options and something for everyone. But, in case a little guidance is needed, here are a few useful tips when choosing the best wedding dress for a small bust.
- High and plunging necklines flatter a small bust.
- If you’re in good shape then a backless dress might be worth considering.
- If you’d like to enhance what you have then gowns with embellishment and volume in the bust area will achieve this.
- Drawing attention to the waist will accentuate your curves.
- If you fancy something a little less traditional then consider prints, embellishment and color.
- We’ve found it best to avoid visible boning – it just sticks out and looks strange on those of us with a small bust.